Annual “National Night Out” Tuesday, August 1, 2017
Lake Charles, La. – It’s that time of year for the annual “National Night Out,” and we have all of the locations for events across the city that are free and open to the public.
Each year on the first Tuesday of August communities across the United States, Canada, and military bases around the world participate in the “National Night Out” campaign.
But what is NNO exactly? According to their official website,
National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, more enjoyable places to live. – natw.org
Below is a list of locations throughout the city where events will take place. Each location will have “food, fun, and public safety for the community,” said a Lake Charles Police Department media release.
- The Oak Park Neighborhood Watch Group will join the South Lake Charles Watch Groups at Glad Tidings Church Youth Chapel: 3400 Texas Street, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. “Attendants are asked to bring a covered dish to share. Door prizes will be given away from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.”
- Clement Place Watch Group will meet at Episcopal Day School: 803 N. Division Street. from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. “It is an evening full of food, fun and public safety for the entire community. You will have the opportunity to get to know your neighbors and learn about your surroundings.”
- Jones Manor Community Building Watch Group: 1409 St. Mary Drive, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Villages of Lake Charles, Kingsley Court, Bayou Bluff, High School Park, and Rufus Mayfield: 1900 Rosco J. Moore Street, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Claire Gardens Watch Group: 3441 Broad Street from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- St. Michael’s Episcopal Church: 123 W. Sale Road, from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Sycamore Neighborhood Watch Group: Mike D. Lanza Park, 609 Sycamore Street, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- High Rise Apartments Watch Group: 333 Mill Street, from 6 p.m to 8 p.m.
- The Terrace Neighborhood Watch Group: Tarsus Bible Baptist Church, 2907 General Twining Street, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Get more details about National Night Out.