Check Out the 10 Richest Americans of 2016 List
Two of the richest billionaires on this list won't surprise you at all; one made a popular app that we all use, partially because of the other's technological advances.
First off, the top 10 richest Americans in 2016 are worth more than $35 billion. One person has that much money, some three times that amount, just to put it into perspective.
You might not know what they all do, but I'm sure you've heard their names at some point in time. Here are the top five richest below.
5. Larry Ellison - Oracle $49.3 billion
4. Mark Zuckerberg - Facebook $55.5 billion
3. Warren Buffet - Berkshire Hathaway $65.5 billion
2. Jeff Bezos - Amazon.com $67 billion
1. Bill Gates - Microsoft $81 billion
Get a more detailed list of the other American billionaires, and find out how they amassed their fortunes at Forbes.com/400.