Although Chris Brown hasn't yet been hit with any charges for rape allegations in France, the attorney for the woman who accused the singer of rape insists that the investigation will continue.

On Wednesday (Jan. 30), the alleged victim’s lawyer, Franck Serfati, told The Blast that the rape investigation will continue despite the singer's return to the U.S.

“The departure of [Chris Brown] from France, and the other two people implicated, does not affect the continuation of the police investigation, which will continue despite their physical absence,” he said.

Serfati told the celebrity news site that prosecutors can launch a judicial inquiry into the allegations at any time. His latest feel like a confirmation that his client is pursuing some type of legal action against Brown.

Last week, Serfati told The Blast that he's still looking into pursuing legal action on behalf of his client in order to seek justice in her case.

“We hope legally that the public prosecutor will open a criminal investigation to shed light on these very serious facts," he said. "For now, my client is in a situation of distress and the impression that her voice is not perfectly heard.”

Meanwhile, Brown has filed a defamation lawsuit against the rape accuser. The singer's attorney, Raphael Chiche, wouldn't divulge specifics in her client's legal action.

Nevertheless, it appears that Chris Brown's rape investigation will continue.

See Photos of Chris Brown's Different Looks Over the Years