UPDATED — New List of Ice Storm Closures for Tuesday and Wednesday
Keep checking this page for an updated list of weather-related closures for Tuesday and Wednesday across Southwest Louisiana. The following are a list of officially announced closures:
UPDATED 6:59 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 28
- Dusk-to-dawn: Kinder, Oakdale, Oberlin, all of Acadia Parish.
- All of I-210 closed.
- The U.S. 90 East flyover on-ramp to I-10 near Westlake is closed. Traffic being re-routed to PPG Drive. Also U.S. 90 closed between Crowley and Rayne and at the Mermentau River bridge.
- I-10 closed at Beaumont, Lafayette, the Atchafalaya Basin bridge and Baton Rouge due to ice. Also, eastbound closed east of Jennings at milepost 70 and at exit 44 (Alexandria/Kinder/U.S. 165)
- In Sulphur -- Picard Road and Beglis Parkway bridges and overpasses.
- In Lake Arthur -- The Mermentau River bridge on La. 14
- Interstate 49 in Alexandria and north of Opelousas closed in both directions due to ice on the road way
- Avoid I-10 E/B mp 45 (US 165 overpass) due to ice on roadway. Roadway is CLOSED and traffic is being diverted to US 165.
- Avoid areas of Lakeshore from Broad all the way to Mill Street, in addition to Broad Street from Lakeshore Drive to Ryan Street, due to ice on roadway.
Schools / Government
Acadia Parish: Public schools closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
Allen Parish: Public schools closed Tuesday and Wednesday
Beauregard Parish: Public schools closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
Cameron Parish: Public school classes canceled for Tuesday and Wednesday.
Calcasieu Parish: The following will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday -- public schools, McNeese State University, Diocese of Lake Charles schools, Delta Tech, Bishop Noland Episcopal Day School, Victory Baptist Academy, Third Circuit Court of Appeal, Sowela, Calcasieu Parish Clerk of Court, Unitech, Lake Charles City Court, Hamilton Christian, Hope Christian Academy, Calcasieu Parish Police Jury offices. No trash services will be running on Tuesday or Wednesday parishwide. All government offices in all cities and towns will be closed.
Jeff Davis Parish: Public and private schools closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
Vermilion Parish: Public schools closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
Vernon Parish: Public schools closed Tuesday and Wednesday.