Cocaine & Heroin Overdose Suspected in Death of Chris Kelly of ‘Kris Kross’ [VIDEO]
According to the report, paramedics initially responded to Kelly's Atlanta home around 3 PM EST -- after his mother called 911 asking for medical assistance.
When help arrived, paramedics found 34-year-old Kelly lying on the living room couch, unresponsive and with "no life signs." The medics attempted to revive Kelly, to no avail.
Kelly was immediately transported to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead a few hours later.
Police spoke with Chris' mother, Donna Kelly Pratt, who told police the night before Kelly's medical emergency, he had taken a mixture of heroin and cocaine, commonly known as "speedballs."
Donna told police she had personally taken Kelly home to recover from the drug use, as she had done several times before. Donna told police that her son had felt nauseous all morning before passing out.
According to the report, Kelly's mother and uncle both told investigators that the rapper had an "extensive history of drug use."
Hours before Chris Kelly passed out, he did a brief phone interview with The Streetz Morning Grind radio show in Atlanta. Listen below.
According to the Fulton County Medical Examiner via TMZ, an autopsy was completed and
there were no signs of trauma or foul play. The cause of death will be determined by the complete toxicology report in 3-4 weeks.
Jermaine Dupri, founder of So So Def Records issued a "Letter to the fans" today (May 2) where he called Chris Kelly "The son he never had," and spoke in-depth about his death.