Former Barbe Buc Janzen Jackson Dismissed From Tennessee
Former Barbe Bus football player Janzen Jackson was dismissed from the University of Tennessee’s football program. Janzen who is a junior at the school was released from the football program earlier today.
Tennessee junior defensive back Janzen Jackson has been dismissed from the team.
The player from Lake Charles, La., withdrew from school in February, citing personal problems. When he re-enrolled last month, Jackson declined to discuss the issues he was dealing with.
Jackson’s dismissal was announced Wednesday by coach Derek Dooley, who said in a statement he was disappointed to have to dismiss Jackson, but that his actions “preclude him from the privilege of playing” for the Volunteers.
Dooley says: “Our program has devoted a tremendous amount of energy, resources, support, and care in an effort to help Janzen manage his personal challenges. I will always be there to help him as a person.”
Jackson started 22 games the past two seasons. He had six interceptions and 106 tackles.
Source: Arkansas Online
Some of Jackson’s issues could have stemmed from an incident when he was a freshman where in November of 2009, he along with fellow freshmen teammates Mike Edwards and Nu’Keese Richardson were charged after an armed robbery attempt at a Pilot station on Cumberland Avenue in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Less than two weeks later, charges against Jackson were dropped because a police investigation found that he had no prior knowledge of the alleged attempted robbery.
On November 24, he was reinstated to the Tennessee football team.
What’s next for Jackson and can he leave or get his problems behind him and move forward ??? We will have to see and if so, where will this talented player from Lake Charles ends up.