Hurricane And Emergency Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday This Weekend [VIDEO]
This Memorial Day weekend Louisiana residents have an opportunity to save during the state’s Hurricane and Emergency Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday.
There’s no better time than the present to stock-up on supplies that could come in handy as head into the 2013 hurricane season. Take advantage of the sales tax break all weekend long, Saturday May 25th and Sunday May 26th and be prepared.
Here’s a full list of items included in the sales tax holiday:
– Portable self-powered light source
– Any ground anchor system or tie-down kit
– Any gas tank
– Any package of batteries, excluding automobile and boat batteries
– Any cell phone battery or cell phone charger
– Any non-electric food storage cooler
– Any portable generator
– Any “storm-shutter” device
– Any carbon monoxide detector
– Any blue ice product
For more details click here www.revenue.louisiana.gov. Keep in mind hurricane season officially starts June 1st.