J-Hud Drops Restraining Order, Allows Otunga Temp Custody Of Son – Tha Wire
Today in Tha Wire US Weekly reports R&B sensation, Jennifer Hudson and her 37-year old fiance', David Otunga, are officially over. The two sadly ending their near, 10-year relationship sometime in April. The songbirds rep confirmed the unfortunate news, and said they had been working towards the split for months prior to it actually happening. Unfortunately their break-up hasn't ended to smoothly. Apparently they couldn't agree on who would retain custody of their 8-year old son, David Daniel Jr.
Earlier this month (November 11, 2017) J-Hud's rep released a statement to Billboard and expressed that matters between the couple took a turn for the worse. The rep said "Today, Jennifer requested and received a protective order against her ex-fiancé. Jennifer’s actions are solely taken in the best interest of their son. Please respect her privacy at this time." As we all know, breaking-up is never easy to do.
The couple started dating in 2008, and welcomed their son a year later. Soon after that they got engaged, but the joy of the occasion was overshadowed with the tragic murders of Jennifer's mother, brother, and nephew. Fast forward days prior to their split in April, the R&B powerhouse said she and David were happy, and very much in love. While appearing on the Ellen DeGeneres Show the singer/actress, was quizzed about her why they've been engagement to long.
Hudson rolled with the punches saying, "ain't nobody going nowhere," they just didn't feel the need to rush and get married. Peep the video below to hear and see the interview:
This month things got "real" between Hudson and the former wrestler, so much so that the star filed for a restraining order. HipHollywood reported on Nov. 16 the singer accused her ex of “increasingly aggressive, threatening and harassing behavior towards her.” Hudson even claimed Otunga confronted her with a gun, and would take their son out of town without telling her.
As the say, time changes things. Somehow the couple was able to reach an agreement, as far as their son's custody is concerned. TMZ reports Hudson has voluntarily dropped the emergency protection order. Court doc, show the 36-year old star motioned to have the order vacated on Monday this week, in Cook County, Illinois. On top of that a judge has already signed-off on it.
So what gives? Jennifers schedule. The superstar diva is in high demand. Her judge/coaching duties on the American and UK versions of The Voice, got her crisscrossing the countryside and going back and forth from London to L.A. So long story short, she's never home. Otunga told the judge, it's because of Hudson's schedule that he’s always been their son's primary caregiver. However this is only a temporary situation.
The two will reportedly revisit who'll ultimately win sole custody of their son, when they head back to court on December 7. By the way, via his lawyer, Otunga also denies the singer's claims of harassment and abuse. We certainly wish them the best, and hope all will work out for the sake of their son.
For all things entertainment, get the daily scoop with Tha Wire on The People's Station 107 Jamz.