Reminder: Free Child Safety and Wellbeing Workshop – 2018 Schedule
If you're a foster parent or anyone interested in learning more about child safety and wellbeing, the City of Lake Charles will host more free workshops in 2018 on the second Tuesday of each month, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The "Linked" workshop will take place at Church of the King, located at 2145 Oak Park Blvd.
Below are dates and topics that will be covered over the next six months, said a media release.
- February 6, 2018 – Social Media in a Millennial World
- March 13, 2018 – Domestic Abuse
- April 10, 2018 – Department of Child and Family Services Law
- May 8, 2018 – Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- June 12, 2018 – Getting Intoxicated in a Millennial World
After a required pre-registration, workshops are free to the public, and also offer food and childcare while foster parents attend training "one hour per workshop," said a media release.
For more details, log onto www.swlafostercare.com where you can register for the workshop, or call 337.491.8735.