Southwest La Mardi Gras Events Schedule & Parade Do’s And Don’ts [AUDIO]
Can you believe that Mardi Gras day is almost here? Well it is and this weekend is when most of the events and parades will be happening!
Here is a list of all the Mardi Gras events and parades going on this weekend in Southwest Louisiana.
Here is a little song to get you in the Mardi Gras spirit while you read the entire lineup of Mardi Gras 2012!
Can you believe its Mardi Gras time in Louisiana already? Well believe it!
Here is a complete list of events going on for Mardi Gras here in Southwest Louisiana:
MARDI GRAS SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Merchants’ Parade, 7 p.m., Downtown–Midtown Lake Charles
World Famous Cajun Extravaganza/Gumbo Cook-Off, 8 a.m.–2 p.m., Lake Charles Civic Center
Krewe of Omega Parade, 2 p.m., Downtown Lake Charles
Zydeco Dance, 3 – 5 p.m., Lake Charles Civic Center
Krewe of Barkus Parade, 3 p.m., Lake Charles Civic Center
Krewe of Cosmos Presentation, 6:30 p.m., Sulphur High School
Krewe of Illusions, 7:30 p.m., Lake Charles Civic Center
Children’s Day, Noon–3 p.m., Lake Charles Civic Center
Children’s Parade, 3 p.m., Downtown Lake Charles
Lighted Boat Parade, 7:30 p.m., Lake Charles Civic Center
Royal Gala, 7 p.m., Lake Charles Civic Center
Krewe of Charlie Sioux Parade Block Party, Noon, Corner of Broad & Ryan
Hot Rods, Classics and Motorcycles Parade, 1 p.m., Downtown Lake Charles
Krewe of Krewes’ Parade, 5:30 p.m., Downtown–Midtown Lake Charles
The City Of Lake Charles has also released the Parade Do’s and Don’ts
1. DO NOT LITTER.
2. No glass containers of any kind.
3. Leave pets at home.
4. Leave all valuables at home.
5. NO open fires in or on vehicles.
6. Do not pour hot coals on the ground.
7. Stay behind all police lines or curbs.
8. Do not run up to or near the floats.
9. Do not follow or chase floats.
10. Do not throw anything at the floats or float riders.
11. Please watch your children.
12. Be kind and courteous to your neighbor.
13. No bikes, skateboards or roller blades along the parade route.
14. Do not obscure sidewalks.
15. Please bag litter and trash and place at curb after the parade. Bagged litter and trash will be picked up beginning at 7:00 a.m. Wednesday, February 22.
Remember the Krewe of Krewe’s parade has a slightly different. Click HERE to see the new parade routes fro this years parade.
The Krewe of Krewes parade on Tuesday night February 21st is the final celebration and when it’s over it marks the end of the Mardi Gras season!