Strengthen Your Weaknesses 3 – Upgrade Your Health With Sharmita Rideau
Hold yourself accountable and write your workout into your daily routine. Literally. Listen to this weeks Upgrade Your Health and find out how to do it now. We all get busy and have multiple things to do throughout the day. It’s tough, trust me I know. I have three children, one being a newborn. If I can find time to workout, so can you. While you cooking do five minutes of squats or take the stairs at work. Next thing you know, your doing arm presses in the shower with shampoo & conditioner bottles.
I find that in my busy schedule, writing down my goal for the day is very helpful. I use a white board, you may use something else. The important thing is, you schedule in something you can do to better your health. For example, take the kids to the park or walk the dog. For that matter, take a walk by yourself.
In the last Strengthen Your Weaknesses segment, I give great examples on how schedule and implement a healthy way of living into your day-to-day. Listen to this weeks Upgrade Your Health for more details now.-
To contact me call 409-383-3249 or visit my website at www.lifefitfree.org. For more info about my program read below.
L.I.F.E. FIT for Women
THE K.I.S.S. PROJECT
(KEEP IT SIMPPLE SISTERS)
The mission of L.I.F.E. FIT is to help women of all ages become fit naturally and spiritually, in mind, body, and soul. This is a support system for one another during the time of the natural weight loss as well as spiritual. To encourage one another to link up together to be strength, help and a shoulder to lean during difficult times in our journeys. Living In Freedom & Excelling (L.I.F.E.) says that by living in the freedom that God handed to us through Jesus Christ we can Excel and become whole in every aspect of our lives. When we become whole and work towards maturity we are able to help others along the way in their process of becoming Free to be Fit.
The Purpose of THE K.I.S.S. PROJECT is to work with ALL women with targeting African American women and low income households in the SWLA area who want to lose 20 plus pounds. L.I.F.E. FIT is part of Dare to be healthy program ran by The Partnership of a Healthier SWLA. This project will ensure these hand-picked women that they will leave more educated, aware, accomplished, determined and lighter naturally and spiritually. They will be able to maintain by using the simple but effective steps that are taught through the curriculum on their own for the rest of their lives.
Starting the Program:
- All women will have to fill out a K.I.S.S. application. This will have a variety of question to get to understand them better and get an idea of if they will be committed and if they qualify for the help.
- L.I.F.E. FIT will sift the applications for 30 committed women willing and ready to go down this journey
- Women will have to attend a 90 day/12 week program in which they will meet with the L.I.F.E. FIT instructor 3 days out the week ( Monday, Tuesday & Thursday) and have the opportunity to go to other events done by instructor. The women will be broken down to 10 women every session/90days. 3 sessions will be held annually.
- 2 days will consist of simple physical activities ranging from outdoor runs/walks workout camps to water aerobics class, floor aerobics and body weight training. 1 day out of the week will consist of the S.I.M.P.P.L.E. curriculum and through the teachings of registered dieticians that are part of the Partnership.
- After the 12 weeks are over L.I.F.E. FIT will maintain connections with the women through their maintenance time. The women will continue to check in monthly for weigh-ins and will still be able to come to sessions for a $1 with the next group of women (the focus will be on just the women who are in the sessions at that time).
Measurements of the project:
- The women will weigh-in and get their measurements (height, weight, age, BMI etc.) done at the beginning of the program. Weigh-ins will continue every 2 weeks and measurements will be on a monthly basis.
- They will get screenings for blood pressures, diabetes and all around health concerns. This will be provided by area hospitals and clinics.
- K.I.S.S. assessments will be given at start of program and every 3 weeks during the 90 days. This will include jumping jacks, endurance run/walks, squats, wall/floor push-ups and more. This will measure strength, endurance and accomplishments of goals.
- Goal setting will be a major part of the project, we will set the goals weekly these will be attainable and simple goals. Like no eating white bread for a week, stop drinking sodas the next week, do 10 jumping jacks Monday but get to 30 by the end of the week.
- Journal keeping- writing down how they are feeling daily, this will be an outlet for their frustrations, victories, hurts and accomplishments. They will have an opportunity to share with one another on curriculum days. This will help in aiding one another reach their goals by hearing that they are not the only ones feeling that way.