Ticket Refunds For Cancelled McNeese/LSU Season Opener Game
KPLC-7 News reports, one of the biggest games to of the new season was cancelled due to bad weather. Right from the start the MSU vs LSU game was doomed. It all started with a four-hour weather delay and soon was cancelled for player safety. Thousands had bought into the hype, getting the latest team gear, tailgate food and drinks, not to mention the hottest ticket of the year.
Though you can't get any refunds on the Tee's and party gear, you'll be happy to know you can get your money bad on the tickets. KPLC-7 News reports the McNeese Sports Information Director, Matthew Bonnette, said fans who bought tickets through LSU or MSU athletic departments, will be able to get a full refund beginning Sept. 14.
If you bought your tickets with a credit card, the money will be automatically returned and processed Those fans who purchased tickets with a check or cash, will have to stop by the MSU Ticket Office. Bonnette said the office will be open 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
PLEASE NOTE TICKET STUBS ARE NOT REQUIRED.
Believe it or not, this was the first cancellation of an LSU football game since 1918. Back then, university officials were forced to cancel the entire season because of World War I! So they had a really good reason. Meanwhile, LSU Athletic Director, Joe Alleva, penned a letter to Tiger/Cowboys fans and it read in part, "Since this is a nearly unprecedented situation, we have had to thoroughly explore our options in addressing the matter of ticket refunds.” Alleva said. “In the end, we believe that issuing the refund is quite simply the right thing to do in this case. We have a plan in place that fairly reimburses fans who purchased tickets through our ticket office."
Below is more details on the refund process for fans who bought tickets through LSU's Athletic Dept.:
- All ticket-holders who purchased a single-game ticket, group ticket, or ticket as part of a package through the LSU Athletic Ticket Office, LSUtix.net or the LSU Ticket Marketplace site.
- The prices for the game, depending upon seat location, were $35 and $25 for season ticket holders and $11 and $4 for LSU students. Prices varied for tickets purchased at the single game, group and package rates.
- Fans who purchased tickets using a credit card will have the refund issued to the credit card account by September 30.
- Fans who bought tickets by any other means, will receive a refund check in the mail by October 15.
- Individual game cash purchasers have until 5 p.m. on September 30, to contact the ticket office about refund information.
- For more info contact the LSU Athletic Ticket Office at (225) 578-2184.
Fans who bought tickets through a non-authorized third party, will need to return to those places to seek refunds.