Live Events Manager
The Live Events Manager will be the point person for all aspects of Townsquare’s live events business in Lake Charles, LA and will be involved in all aspects of each show/event.
The position will be responsible for the following:
- Primary point of contact and leadership for each event in Lake Charles, responsible for creating and driving revenue, and managing expenses
- Deep familiarity with Lake Charles and our products, including broadcasting, commerce, and digital marketing assets
- Lead role on in-house planning and logistics for each event: creating and managing timelines and assigning responsibilities among local staff
- Working with local sales force to drive vendor solicitation, booth sales, and sponsorship sales
- Working with local programming team to drive and promote ticket sales – responsible for creating and implementing marketing plans for each major event
- Logistics management, including travel and catering
- Availability to work weekends as needed
- New business development – sourcing, identifying and capitalizing on opportunities for organic growth or through acquisition of existing live event properties
- Idea generation and implementation
The position will report to the VP/General Manager of Lake Charles, as well as to the corporate regional Live Events Director, who is based in Connecticut.
Ideal candidates will possess one or more of the following:
- 3-7 years of experience in live event production (either from an agency, venue, production company, or tour/concert promoter)
- Deep familiarity with MS Office suite products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Basic financial accounting skills (to build event by event pro forma financials)
- Existing relationships with local agencies and venues
- Familiarity with cost management and show settlement procedures
- Some production oversight experience (staging, sound & lights, pipe & drape)
- Eagerness to work hard, learn, and be part of a growing and fast-moving live events team with upward mobility for successful employees
About Townsquare Media
Townsquare Media Group is a communities-focused media and entertainment company. We create and distribute original and motivating media experiences that connect communities seamlessly with content they love, people they trust, products they want, and things that matter. We attract, engage, and activate audiences on a local and national basis through our unique mix of market-leading media and entertainment properties. Our local business owns and operates 243 radio stations, over 250 companion websites, an e-commerce business (SeizeTheDeal.com), and approximately 500 annual live events in 51 small and medium-sized markets across the country. Our national business owns and operates leading music and entertainment-focused digital properties including TasteofCountry.com, PopCrush.com, Loudwire.com, and ScreenCrush.com; several leading multi-day music festivals, including Mountain Jam and the Taste of Country Music Festival; a digital advertising network which reaches over 60 million unique visitors monthly; and a marketing services business which provides a turnkey web presence for small and medium-sized businesses.
We also operate Townsquare Cares, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping our troops and their families.
Funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management are the Company’s largest shareholder.
More information is available at: www.townsquaremediagroup.com.
Townsquare Media Broadcasting, LLC maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal employment opportunity employer. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Current Townsquare Media Broadcasting Employee Qualification Statement:
It is preferred that current employees of Townsquare Media Broadcasting, LLC and affiliated companies have a minimum of six months of service in their present position, and a fully competent performance rating to be eligible to apply for this position.