Oprah Has Donated $10 Million Towards The COVID-19 Fight
Oprah isn't messing around, she donated $10 million to help Americans during the coronavirus pandemic.
She's took to Instagram to also promote a GoFundMe called America's Food Fund.
It's goal is:
to help feed the country's most vulnerable populations like children who are out of school and rely on school lunch programs, low-income families, the elderly, and individuals facing job disruptions.
It was started by Leonardo DiCaprio and Steve Jobs' widow Laurene Powell Jobs, Apple, and the Ford Foundation.
Leo and Laurene gave a combined $5 million, Apple matched their $5 million, the Ford Foundation gave $1 million, and Oprah gave $1 million to the fund.
Oprah hasn't specifically stated how she will donate the remaining $9 million, but she says it will go to different cities all across America.
Other billionaires are also chipping in:
- Amazon's Jeff Bezos, the world's richest man, announced a $100 million gift to Feeding America, which supports food banks across the country.
- Bill Gates has also committed $100 million to the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control, to find treatment and a vaccine.
- Kylie Jenner donated $1 million to purchase masks.
- Ralph Lauren tossed in $10 million for the relief efforts.
- L.A. Clippers owner Steve Ballmer and his wife have pledged to donate $25 million dollars to COVID-19 relief.
How to Sew a Face Mask