Entergy And United Way Give Lake Charles Customers Bill Relief
Residents in Lake Charles have a chance to get some relief on their light bill. Entergy Louisiana announced it received 1 million dollars from its shareholders for the Entergy Bill Payment Assistance Fund initiative.
Partnering with United Way of Southwest Louisiana, the Utility Assistance Program from Entergy will distribute a one-time $200 credit for bill relief to existing customers who qualify across Louisiana’s service area. Starting Friday, September 22, at 12 Noon, instructions and links for customers to apply for assistance online will be posted on the Entergy website or via the United Way of SWLA application page.
Applications will only be accepted and submitted through the online link. No applications will be accepted in person at the United Way office. Those who do not have access to a computer or internet to visit their local library. To find a library near you, see the Louisiana Library Directory. To be eligible for the one-time $200 credit, the income criteria per household is as follows:
1.) Individual in household: $36,450
2.) Individuals in household: $49,300
3.) Individuals in household: $62,150
4.) Individuals in household: $75,000
5.) Individuals in household: $87,850
6.) Individuals in household: $100,700
7.) Individuals in household: $113,550
8.) Individuals in household: $126,400
9.) Households over 8: add $12,850 for each additional individual.
- All applications will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- There is no guarantee a $200 credit will be issued because an application was submitted.
- Once applications have reached capacity, the program will be closed.
- Only complete applications with accurate information will be considered valid.
- Please don’t fill out more than one application.
- All applicants will receive an email notification confirming whether or not they are approved.
- The credit may take a while to show on your account if approved.