How to Apply for the $250 Front-line Worker Rebate
According to an article from KPLC, front-line workers in Louisiana can now take advantage of the $250 rebate that has been talked about over the last few months. The application process begins today, July 15, and will end October 31. This is not something to put off if you are one of these workers. The Louisiana Department of Revenue says you must get your application in a soon as possible due to limited funding for the program.
The rebate is a one-time payment for workers who are eligible and earn less than $50,000 a year. These workers must have also worked at minimum 200 hours during the period of March 22 and May 14, and that work involved COVID-19.
The criteria for the application approval process is lined out in Act 12 First Extraordinary Session of the Louisiana Legislature.
- Nurses, medical residents, aides, assistants, pharmacy staff, phlebotomists, respiratory therapists, workers providing direct patient care, and outpatient dialysis facilities
- Housekeeping, laundry services, food services, and waste management personnel in hospitals and healthcare facilities
- Long-term care facility personnel, outpatient care workers, home care workers, personal assistance providers, home health providers, home delivered meal providers, childcare service providers.
- Emergency medical services, fire and rescue personnel, law enforcement, public health epidemiologists
- Bus drivers, retail fuel center personnel, sanitation personnel, residential, commercial and industrial solid waste personnel, storage and disposal personnel
- Grocery store, convenience store, and food assistance program personnel
- Mortuary service providers
- Veterinary service staff
If you apply, you can opt in for a direct deposit payment. If you do not provide that information, you will be issued a paper check if approved. The program also has a cap of applicants limited to the first 200,000 applicants. They cannot guarantee each applicant will receive a rebate, nor is there any guarantee that additional funding will be made available in the future.
To apply: Louisiana Frontline Workers Website
Program Rules and Outlines: Revenue Information Bulletin