The City Will Resume Recycling Services Tomorrow
For all of you who are wondering when you'll be able to recycle those miscellaneous items around the house, I've got some good news for you. The city of Lake Charles will resume their recycling services tomorrow morning. This service resumption includes the drop-off centers and the roving green truck.
The drop-off stations are located at 4331 E. Broad Street (Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm) and on Alma Lane behind the Nelson Ball Field (Monday- Saturday, 8:00am-3:45pm).
The Green Truck Recycling schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday: Kroger – 12th Street | 9:00am-3:45pm
- Thursday: K-Mart – Ryan and Sale Road | 9:00am-3:45pm
- Saturday: Walmart – Hwy. 14 | 8:00am-9:30am (Resuming May 9)
- Saturday: Prien Lake Mall – 10:00am-3:45pm (Resuming May 9)
- Monday: Walmart – North Hwy. 171 | 9:00am - 3:45pm (Resuming May 11)
Items that will be accepted include aluminum cans, bagged tin cans, cell phones, bills, telephone books, boxes, plastics (limited amounts of No. 1 and 2), computer paper, envelops, shredded paper, magazines, used ink cartridges, newspapers, used laser cartridges, and cardboard.
Residents are asked to wear a mask and practice social distancing when dropping off their recyclables. If you would like more information, call 337-491-1220.