Doug E. Fresh, Jordin Sparks And Dr. Oz Team-Up With The First Lady Michelle Obama For A New Album [VIDEO]
Rap legend Doug E. Fresh, former American Idol/actress Jordin Sparks and Dr. Oz lent their voices to the new song and video called “Everybody”. The song is for First Lady Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move!” campaign to fight childhood obesity.
The track will join a host of other special songs, that will all be a part of the “Songs for a Healthier America” album. A Hip Hop based LP used to inform children about the importance of nutrition and exercise to ensure healthy living. Here’s a look at the video for “Everybody”…beware it’s pretty catchy.
Subscribe to 107 JAMZ on
The First Lady, Michelle Obama began the Let’s Move! Campaign in 2010 and yet her initiative continues to get bigger and better each year. Speaking of which, The following year Beyoncé remade her mega-hit “Get Me Bodied” to, “Move Your Body” for the Let’s Move! Flash Workout initiative. Here’s a look at that video!
Subscribe to 107 JAMZ on
Now, an entire album is coming out to continue the First Ladies dream. The “Songs for a Healthier America” LP has a really cool concept, with a great message about making healthy choices. It will also include other songs like “Veggie Luv” with Monifah and “Hip Hop FEET” with DMC.
So you’ll know, the “Songs for a Healthier America” album will be available for download on September 30th at http://ahealthieramerica.org/songs/. Meanwhile, check out the track list.
1. “U R What You Eat” (Salad Bar: Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker)
2. “Everybody” (Jordin Sparks, Doug E. Fresh, Dr Oz, Ryan Beatty, Hip Hop MD)
3. “Let’s Move” (Doug E. Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins)
4. “Just Believe” (Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova)
5. “Veggie Luv” (Monifah and J Rome)
6. “Hip Hop FEET” (DMC and Artie Green)
7. “Stronger” (Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time Theater kids, and E-Street Band guitarist Nils Lofgren)
8. “Give Myself A Try” (Ryan Beatty)
9. ”Jump Up” (Brady Rymer and the Little band that Could)
10. “Hip Hop LEAN” (Artie Green)
11. “Pass the Rock” (Iman Schumpert and Artie Green)
12. “Good Living” (Ashton Jones)
13. “Beautiful” (Daisy Grant and Artie Green)
14. “Change The Game” (The Happiness Club, featuring Naledge)
15. “Wanna Jump (Let’s Move)” (Paul Burch)
16. “Mother May I” (Amelia Robinson)
17. “We Like Vegetables” (Los Barkers!)
18. “Get Up Sit Up” (Babi Floyd)
19. “One Step Forward” (Samite)