Blac Youngsta’s Lawyer Says Attempted Young Dolph Shooting Case Has Been Dropped
Blac Youngsta has apparently cleared one major legal obstacle.
Last night (May 12), the Memphis rapper used his Instagram account to share a lengthy text message from his lawyer Arthur Horne. In his message, Horne tells Youngsta that the charges held against him in Charlotte, N.C.—the site of an attempted Young Dolph shooting that took place two years ago —have been dropped.
"I hope you're ready for some good news," Horne told Youngsta in the text message. "All of your charges in Charlotte have been DISMISSED. It's time TO celebrate A victory. I told you when you brought me on your case, losing was not an option. We've sacrificed sleep working on your case because I'm not just your lawyer, this was a family fight lil bruh. Those are FACTS. Gotti told you, it's not just about the money for me, this is what I do, fight for justice. We take care of family and we are family. It's no coincidence that right when you dropped your new single, your cases were DISMISSED. Look at God working. Now it's time to move foreard, get this money, make these hits, build your legacy and make history FOR GOD's GLORY. Now take your ass out there and give your fans at Rolling Loud a show. CMG and HEAVY CAMP for life."
Back in May 2017, Youngsta was charged with five counts of discharging a weapon into an occupied dwelling/moving vehicle and one count of conspiracy to commit discharging a firearm into an occupied dwelling. The charges stem from the shooting of a vehicle occupied by Young Dolph during 2017 CIAA Weekend.
On Feb. 25, 2017, gunfire hit Dolph's vehicle as the rapper was leaving an event related to the CIAA festivities near the 600 block of North Caldwell Street. Dolph was unharmed. The gunfire left Dolph's bulletproof SUV riddled with over 100 rounds.
At the time of the shooting, Blac Youngsta and Young Dolph were caught up in a publicized beef. Police later found out the van used in the shooting had been rented by Youngsta, who claims the vehicle had been stolen prior to the shooting. Youngsta ended up turning himself in to police and was hit with six charges in total from the shooting.
"I'm going to get to the bottom of a lot of this shit once I beat this [case]," Youngsta explained to XXL in 2017. "People talk and try to put shit together and make shit up, but at the end of the day I know for a fact that everybody is going to be looking crazy as hell when this shit is all over with."
See Blac Youngsta's post about the Charlotte case being dropped below. XXL has reached out to South Carolina's Mecklenburg District Attorney's Office for information on this case.
See Hip-Hop Fans Name The Most Disrespectful Diss Track of All Time