City of Lake Charles Announces Partners in Outdoor Fun Series
There is some good news for the city. While we are dealing with this pandemic that seems to have the city under fire, Mayor Nic Hunter has joined with several community partners to announce a free partner in the parks outdoor fun series that will include plenty of great events for the entire family.
Events will be scheduled each week during August and September and will take place in various parks throughout the city. Some of the events you can look forward to will include Art in the Park, Lemonade Lectures History Walks, Nature Walks, Slime Parties in the Park, Yoga in the Park, and plenty of other activities.
Partners in the Parks was initiated in 2018 to help find creative solutions to improving our park infrastructure citywide without adding an additional burden to taxpayers. Check out the listing of events.
- Saturday, August 8 – Art in the Park for Families: Buddy Prejean Park and Drew Parks with sessions at 8:00am., 9:00am, and 10:00am
- Saturday, August 15 – Lemonade Lectures History Walk: Lock Park, 6:00pm
- Saturday, August 22 – Migration: It’s a Risky Journey Nature Walk: Tuten Park, 8:00am
- Saturday, August 22 – Lemonade Lectures History Walk: 1911 Historic City Hall, 6:00pm
- Saturday, August 29 – August Nature Appreciation Walk: Riverside Park, 8:00am
- Wednesday, September 2 – Oak Tree Conversation & Stroll: Central School with sessions at 9:00am and 9:30am
- Saturday, September 5 – Slime Party in the Park for Families: Lock Park and College Oaks Parks with sessions at 9:00am and 10:00am
- Saturday, September 12 – Watercolor for Families: Buddy Prejean Park and Drew Park with sessions at 9:00am and 10:00am
- Saturday, September 26 – September Nature Appreciation Walk: Riverside Park, 8:00am
- Saturday, September 26 – Yoga in the Park: Lock Park, 6:00pm
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 mandate, pre-registration is required to make sure all guidelines will be followed. For more information, visit cityoflakecharles.com.