City Of Lake Charles Services: City Operations And Closures
The City of Lake Charles is working within state and federal emergency declarations to limit the spread of COVID-19. To stay informed on the latest advisories and citywide operations, log on to cityoflakecharles.com for updates.
As expected, city officials will constantly re-evaluate day-to-day operations and provide regular updates to the community as they occur. To receive individual up-to-date info regarding the status of COVID-19 in our state, dial 211. To receive 24/7 automated text messages from Louisiana 211 in conjunction with the Louisiana Department of Health, text the keyword LACOVID to 898-211, visit la211help.org, or cdc.gov.
As of Monday March 16, 2020, the City of Lake Charles operations are as follows:
- All City Services will continue normal operations including city transit, public safety, garbage and trash collection (with some exceptions).
- City Hall will remain open during normal business hours from 800am to 4:30pm, Monday- Friday.
- Lake Charles Transit Center and Central School Arts & Humanities Center will maintain regular scheduled business activities of tenants only. All non-regular or special events will be suspended.
- All City Recreation Centers will be closed to the public until further notice.
- 1911 Historic City Hall will be closed to the public.