Closures In Southwest Louisiana & Lake Charles Due To Nicholas
Tropical Storm Nicholas has got its eye on Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana over the next couple of days. Forecasters are calling for heavy heavy rain with some areas getting 5 to 10 inches or some isolated areas as much as 20 inches of rain.
Calcasieu Parish officials, the Police Jury, and the OEP held a press conference to inform the public about their response to the upcoming storm. All the agencies advise that they are prepared with high water vehicles, boats, and staff on hand to respond to any emergencies.
As of today, Tuesday, September 14th, here are the closures.
SWLA School Closures due to Nicholas
- All Calcasieu, Cameron, Beauregard, and Jeff Davis Parish schools are closed today.
- Allen Parish schools will go to virtual learning
- Catholic Schools, Lake Charles Charter Academy, and EDS schools are all also closed.
- McNeese State University and Sowela Technical College will be closed today as well.
SWLA City Services Closed due to Nicholas
- The City Of Lake Charles announced that all City of Lake Charles administrative offices and services, including City Hall, will be closed during regular business hours today.
- Lake Charles city transit operations will be suspended during this time as road conditions could be dangerous.
- Lake Charles trash and garbage pickup will not run on Tuesday, September 14, 2021.
- All Calcasieu Parish Public Parks are closed will remain closed until further notice.
- All Calcasieu Parish Police Jury offices will be closed today
- Waste Management pickup services will run as scheduled on Tuesday.
- The Residential Solid Waste Convenience Centers in Lake Charles and Sulphur will be closed Tuesday
- Calcasieu Public Transit System will not be in service on Tuesday
We will be live on the air all day and into the evening to keep you informed of all road closures, flooded areas in our area, and will be interviewing public officials to keep you informed.