Learn More About Dr. Shawn Wilson At The Huber Park Meet & Greet In Lake Charles
Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards (D) is coming to the end of his second term in office. Soon, he will have to pass the torch. To whom is up to the voters in the Bayou State? Edwards has served two consecutive terms, first being elected in 2015 and four years later he was re-elected in 2019.
Louisiana voters can decide on a new candidate to lead the state in a few months. The 2023 gubernatorial election season is underway, and sixteen candidates are running for this seat. Do you know who they are? Do you know what their platform is? How will their policies affect your life and that of your family?
Before election day, it would be wise for all voters to do their homework and educate themselves on the record and platform each candidate is running on. According to several TV News sources, including APnews and Ballotpedia, the front runners in the race are Dr. Shawn Wilson (D), Jeff Landry (R), John Schroder (R), and Hunter Lundy (I.) For more information about all other candidates running for governor, click HERE.
- Dr. Shawn Wilson (D) - Governor Edwards and the Democratic Party endorsed Dr. Wilson. Some of his qualifications and experience include working as the Secretary and formerly the Chief of Staff of The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (2016 - 2023.) He served as the Assistant Dean of Students at the University of Louisiana. See Dr. Shawn Wilson for more information.
Residents can meet Dr. Wilson in person, ask questions, and voice concerns, on Tuesday, August 29, 2023, at the Huber Park Recreation Center ( 2401 4th Avenue) in Lake Charles. This event is a Meet & Greet that is free and open to the public. Dr. Wilson will speak about his vision for the Governor's office and answer questions from residents in the community. The Calcasieu Democrats are hosting this event.
- Jeff Landry (R) - An attorney endorsed by Donald Trump for governor. Some of his qualifications and experience include working as Louisiana Attorney General (2015 - present). A former member of the U.S. House of Representatives (2011 - 2013), he also served in the Louisiana National Guard. See Jeff Landry for more information.
- John Schroder - Louisiana State Treasurer elected in a special election ( 2017 - present.) Former member of the Louisiana House of Representatives (2008 to 2017.) He is a U.S. Army Veteran and a retired police detective. See John Schroder for more information.
- Hunter Lundy - Practicing law since 1981 and formed his law firm Lundy, Lundy, Soileau, & South L.L.P. Named in the Round Table as one the Top Fifty Trial Lawyers in America. A member of the State Bars of Louisiana and Mississippi, Lundy is on the board of the National Association of Christian Lawmakers ("NACL"). See Hunter Lundy for more information.
VOTER REGISTRATION DEADLINES
Deadline to Request Via Absentee Ballot: 4:30 pm October 10, 2023
Register To Vote Online: 4:30 pm October 10, 2023
Register To Vote By Mail: Received by 4:30 pm October 10, 2023
Register To Vote In Person: 4:30 pm October 10, 2023
- Early Voting For Louisiana Gubernatorial Primary: September 30, 2023 - October 7, 2023 at 6:00 pm
- Louisiana Gubernatorial Primary Election Day: Oct 14, 2023
GUBERNATORIAL GENERAL ELECTION
- Early Voting For Louisiana Gubernatorial General Election: November 3 - November 11, 2023
- Louisiana Gubernatorial General Election Day: November 18, 2023.