Aren't you glad that "political season" is nearly done? Mostly because that sector of robocalls and texts are done.

Of course, you'll still be harassed by spammers who just got to reach you regarding your car's extended warranty or perhaps have a remedy for those pesky student loans you actually paid off 15 years ago.

Annoying smartphone. Wake up call. Spam messaging. Disturbed sleeping man.
tarasov_vl
loading...

Even though there's this wonderful Do-Not-Call-List in America, over 4.3 billion robocalls were made to Americans in the month of September, according to a report by the YouMail Robocall Index.

And out of that whopping 4.3 billion robocalls, nearly 30 million times phones in Baton Rouge, Louisiana rang, only to be disturbed with that junk.

YouMail Robocall Index
YouMail Robocall Index
loading...

With that, Baton Rouge received more robocalls per capita than any other city in the United States. Lafayette also finished pretty high as well, ranking #8 overall.

Here are the top 10 robocalled cities, per capita, in September 2023:

1. Baton Rouge, LA - 41.2
2. Memphis, TN - 34.6
3. Washington, DC - 32.0
4. Macon, GA - 30.8
5. San Antonio, TX - 28.9
6. Little Rock, AR - 27.3
7. Albany, GA - 26.9
8. Lafayette, LA - 26.2
9. Columbia, SC- 25.6
10. Charleston, SC - 24.7

YouMail Robocall Index
YouMail Robocall Index
loading...

There is some good news though.

While Baton Rouge tops the September list, it's actually the lowest number for the year. In August 2023, the city saw more than 36 million calls incoming to its residents.

But, still, Baton Rouge has topped this list every month in 2023.

Remember that not all robocalls are bad. Many appointment reminders are automated these days.

YouMail reports that roughly 47% of calls in September were for medical appointments or payment reminders. The other 53% were spam or telemarketers.

The FCC advises everyone not to answer or accept calls from unknown numbers and never give out personal information to a caller or organization you do not know.

Things Louisiana Drivers Hate Most About Other Drivers

In Louisiana the roads are already bad enough. We don't need other drivers adding to our "road rage" potential. Just don't do these things and you'll stay off our "list". It's the biggest pet peeves of drivers in the whole state.

Gallery Credit: Gary McCoy

More From 107 JAMZ