McNeese and Sowela Return-To-Campus Plans Released
Not only are our local grade schools trying to figure out the safest way to get students back to class, but our local universities are tackling that issue as well.
McNeese State University and Sowela have released return-to-campus plans for the upcoming fall semester.
McNeese’s Cowboy Camp Freshman Orientation has been rescheduled to Aug. 13, 14, and 15. The orientations for July 31 and August 1 have been canceled.
Here are McNeese's Key Objectives While The State Is In Phase Two:
- Continue telework or leave accommodations for vulnerable populations, employees with child care needs, or extenuating circumstances
- Faculty, instructors, graduate assistants, graduate students, and teaching assistants may return as needed
- Follow all CDC, state, and regional guidelines
- Common and high traffic areas will be disinfected when not occupied.
- Non-essential travel can resume
- Organized youth activities, such as day camps and youth sports camps, can open with strict guidelines for social distancing and proper hygiene
For more details on the McNeese State University return-to-campus plan, click here.
Sowela Technical Community College will be adding more classes to its online learning programs. They will also be implementing hybrid classes that will use a combination of both face-to-face classrooms and virtual learning during the courses.
Sowela also announced they're waiving the registration fee for online classes beginning with this year's fall semester and extending through the spring 2022 semester.
For more details on Sowela's return-to-campus plan, click here.