Offset’s Assault Accuser Says Rapper Is Ignoring Lawsuit: Report
Offset is looking at a hefty payment if he doesn’t address his latest legal case.
On Monday (April 8), TMZ reported that Giovanni Arnold, who accused Offset's wife Cardi B and Offset himself of having him assaulted at the 2018 Met Gala last year. Apparently, Offset has not responded to Arnold’s lawsuit, so Arnold's filed new legal documents asking a judge to enter a default judgment against the Migos rapper. Interestingly, according to the outlet, Arnold is not asking for a default judgment from Cardi B who has been responding to his lawsuit.
As we previously reported, Arnold filed a lawsuit against Offset and Cardi B. In the lawsuit, he alleges that their bodyguards attacked him on the orders of the hip-hop couple. The incident happened after the Met Gala at the Mark Hotel, a place where Arnold asked the couple for an autograph but Cardi, who was pregnant at the time, said no.
That’s when, according to Arnold, three security guards attacked him, shoving him to the ground and then beating him up. He was eventually sent to the hospital and treated for neck and back pain.
In a video that was posted online, the Grammy Award-winning rapper was joking with the paparazzi and as she approached the door, a process server threw legal papers in front of her. Cardi was taken aback but she walked over the papers and went inside the building.
Arnold did try to serve Offset legal documents last summer but the rapper threw the papers onto the ground.
XXL has reached out to Offset's team for comment.
See Photos of Migos' Different Looks Over the Years