Popeye’s Cajun Turkeys Are Coming Back For Thanksgiving 2020
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and now is the time to start planning the big dinner. It’s the perfect timing for Popeye’s to announce they are bringing back their Cajun Style Turkeys. Yes, indeed. The chain says it is a fan favorite and they are taking pre-orders at participating restaurants nationwide, while supplies last. The turkeys start at $39.99.
Popeyes said in a statement to USA Today that the Cajun Turkeys are hand-rubbed and infused with zesty Louisiana-style seasonings. It comes precooked so all you need to do is simply heat, serve, and enjoy. Well, doesn’t that sound easy and delicious?
The turkeys are available to order in advance through Thanksgiving and you can select your pickup date. But, hurry, because supplies are limited.
Popeye’s cooking instructions for how to prepare the Cajun Style Turkeys:
- Thaw 48 to 72 hours in the refrigerator or 10 to 12 hours in cold water (changing water hourly). Popeyes says, "DO NOT thaw at room temperature. Always leave in sealed plastic during thawing."
- Preheat conventional oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove all packaging, reserving juices.
- Place turkey on a rack in a large roasting pan and pour juices into pan.
- Reheat uncovered on lower rack in oven for 2 to 2.5 hours and until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit as measured by meat thermometer inserted into the deepest part of breast meat (not touching the bone).
- Let stand 20 minutes before carving.
- Save pan drippings for gravy if desired.