UPDATE: Crowley Police are now saying that the man who was killed at the Josey Street home knew the woman there and also knew the woman whose body was found by police this morning in her South Avenue G home.

Investigators tell our news partners at KATC he went to the South Avenue G home first then took that woman’s car to the Josey Street home. Turns out, there were two children in the first home, but they were apparently physically unharmed with her body.

"We can't say with certainty, but we do believe (both women) were killed by the same suspect," the chief told the Associated Press. 

The man was killed after police say he shot the dog and the officer, who has been released from the hospital.

We are awaiting the autopsies so investigators can reveal how each person died.


UPDATE: A third person has been found dead after last night's officer-involved shooting in Crowley.

According to our news partners at KATC, this leaves two women and one man dead, as well as a K-9 police dog. Their identities have not been released.

The officer is still in stable condition.


Two people are dead and a Crowley Police Department K9 officer was killed in an overnight shooting on Josey Street in South Crowley.

The K9 officer’s handler was also injured in the incident. The injured police officer was taken to a local hospital where he is reported in stable condition with non-life threatening injuries. His canine partner, Roscoe, was mortally wounded in the shooting.

The reasons behind the shooting are still unclear at this time. What we do know is that Crowley Police were summoned to a residence on Josey Street around 10:30 Wednesday night.

At approximately 11 PM Wednesday State Police were notified of an officer involved shooting in which the officer’s weapon was discharged.  This is standard procedure that State Police are notified of any police action in which an officer’s weapon is discharged.

The identities of the two deceased have not been released as of this time. The identity of the injured officer has not been released at this time. Crowley Police Chief Jimmy Broussard and Louisiana State Police were still on the scene as of early this morning (Thursday). This story will be updated throughout the morning.

More From 107 JAMZ