Lake Charles and Southwest Louisiana 2023 Mardi Gras Events
Mardi Gras is a massive deal in Southwest Louisiana, so preparations are already underway for the 2023 festival season. Many scheduled events will take place before Fat Tuesday on February 21. Folks are fine-tuning their costumes and putting all the lavish decorations on their floats.
Carnival excitement is already building as Mardi Gras Ball tickets have been printed and selling like King Cakes! Soon after we ring in the New Year, it will be all about Mardi Gras 2023, which starts on January 7! KPLC News has comprised a list of celebrations that have already been scheduled.
This list may be updated throughout the Mardi Gras season, so check back often. If your event is not listed and you would like it added, email KPLC News at firstname.lastname@example.org. Below are the 2023 Southwest Louisiana Mardi Gras calendar events:
February 4 - Oberlin Civic Center . Perfect Ten Mardi Gras Ball -The theme is Casino Royal, and attire is formal to semi-formal. Tickets are on sale now via Perfect Ten group members for $30 per person and $60 per couple. The ticket includes dinner and dessert.
January 7 - Lake Charles Civic Center · The Twelfth Night Car Show: 9 a.m.- 12 p.m. The fee for participants is $20 to enter a car. Admission is free to the public. · Mardi Gras Twelfth Night Kickoff Festival: 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. See and meet the Mardi Gras Krewes and the 2023 royal court. Admission is free for children five and under and $10 for everyone six and up. Advance tickets are available at Bayou a Dress for Less and Party Time Store. The event will feature food trucks, fun jumps, and live music, including the Adam Leger Band at 1:30 p.m. and music by Dani LaCour at 4 p.m. February 11 - Vinton City Hall · Vinton Lion Backers’ Chicken: 7:00 a.m. · Vinton Mardi Gras Parade: 12:00 p.m.
February 15 - Lake Charles Civic Center - Contraband Room
· Taste of Mardi Gras Cocktail Party: 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. The Taste of Mardi Gras Cocktail Party is a new event added to the Mardi Gras festivities in SWLA. It takes place Wednesday, Feb. 15, and tickets are $30 per person. Buy yours now by calling (337) 244-1466 or (337) 488-4827.
Lake Charles Mardi Gras Hangout - Feb 15 – 22 - Little Lake Charles RV Resort, 4257-4001 Luke Powers Rd Lake Charles, LA
February 16 - Lake Charles Lakefront
· Mardi Gras Lighted Boat Parade: 7:00 p.m. at 900 Lakeshore Drive. Free Event.
February 17 - Ryan Street, Lake Charles
· Mardi Gras Merchants’ Parade: 7:00 p.m. Free Event
February 18 - Lake Charles Civic Center18
Last Stop Mardi Gras Cook-Off! - Sat, 9 AM = Crying Eagle Brewing Company, 1165 E McNeese St - Lake Charles, LA
· Children’s Mardi Gras Stroll: 11:00 a.m. - 12 p.m. presented by the City of Lake Charles (3rd Street & 1st Avenue)
· Krewe of Barkus Parade: TBD - Lakefront, Lake Charles - Free Event
· Krewe of Omega Parade: 2 p.m.- Free Event - Civic Center to Broad St. heading east to Enterprise Blvd, left on Enterprise to Mill St.
· World Famous Cajun Extravaganza & Gumbo Cook-off: 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. - Lake Charles Civic Center - Free Event
· Krewe of Illusions Extravaganza Show and Mardi Gras Ball: 7:00 p.m. - Lake Charles Civic Center - Tickets · $25 via Eventbrite
7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
February 19 - Lake Charles Civic Center
· Mardi Gras Children’s Day: 11:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Various activities for children to enjoy.
· Mardi Gras Children’s Day Parade: 3:30 p.m. Free Event - Downtown Lake Charles, to Ryan Street, ending on Sale Road.
Mardi Gras Madness 5K - Sun, 2:30 – 3:30 PM - Calcasieu Parish Police Jury, 1015 Pithon St Lake Charles, LA
February 20 - Lake Charles Civic Center
· Mardi Gras Royal Gala: 7:00 p.m. - Monday, Feb. 20, the community is invited to attend the regal display of kings, queens, and courts from SWLA Mardi Gras Krewes. Tickets are $10 per person, and children five and under are free.
FAT TUESDAY - February 21 - Ryan Street To Sale Road
Mardi Gras Block Party VIP - Tue, 10:00 AM – 11:30 PM - Panorama Music House, 331 Broad St Lake Charles, LA
The Calcasieu Parish Police Jury presents, The Zone. This is a family-oriented, alcohol and tobacco-free area for families to enjoy Fat Tuesday activities. A live DJ will be set up in the parking lot between Pujo and Kirby Streets, where there will be games and refreshments provided from 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
· Second Line Stroll Walking Parade: 1:00 p.m.
· Jeeps on Parade: 2:00 p.m.
· Motor Gras Parade: 3:00 p.m.
· Krewe of Krewes Parade: 5:00 p.m. in Lake Charles
*More specific information about Lake Charles events can be found at www.visitlakecharles.org
Jeff Davis Parish
January 21 · Welsh Mardi Gras Ball: 6:00 p.m. January 28 · Welsh Mardi Gras Children’s Run( in Town): 12 Noon - 3 p.m. · Lake Arthur Mardi Gras Ball: 6:00 p.m. February 4 ·Welsh Street Dance: 10 a.m. .Welsh Country Run & Parade: 3:00 p.m. February 11