Casanova Sued for Allegedly Assaulting Woman at Diner: Report
Casanova is reportedly facing some serious legal trouble stemming from a violent incident last year.
According to a report TMZ published on Monday morning (July 29), the Brooklyn rapper has been served with an assault and battery lawsuit from Niya Rucker, who claims the Roc Nation rapper ordered a violent attack on her last August.
Last year, Casanova was accused of ordering his associates to use force to take Niya Rucker's phone away from her because she was allegedly recording the rapper on Instagram Live at the Good Stuff Diner in New York City.
Rucker's lawsuit reportedly asserts that she suffered a fractured jaw, damaged teeth, a split lip and several other cuts from the incident. She also says she lost consciousness at one point during the alleged assault.
While Casanova believed Rucker was recording him at the restaurant, Rucker claims she was simply live-streaming her meal on Instagram Live at the diner when a member from Cas' entourage reportedly put her in a strangulation grip, took her phone and deleted the video she posted. Shortly after the confrontation, Rucker used social media to post a video of her injuries. In the video, she appears to be bleeding from her mouth and chin.
After a warrant was issued for his arrest last October, Casanova eventually turned himself in before being indicted for robbery and coercion charges. The rapper later denied the charges, but he has yet to enter a courtroom to face them. At the time of the accusations, Scott E. Leemon, who works as Casanova's attorney, made it clear that Casanova disputed the allegations.
"Casanova adamantly denies the allegation that he assaulted anyone," Leemon said at the time. "We are in the process of conducting our own investigation into these false allegations."
XXL has reached out to Casanova's camp for additional comment.
Read 10 Wild Stories That Took Place During Hip-Hop Tours