Chicago PD Take Actor Jussie Smollett Into Custody – Tha Wire
Today in Tha Wire Empire actor Jussie Smollett has everyone planet wondering asking the same question...WTF?!?!?! I mean are you kidding me! God only knows why this brotha thought it'd be a good idea to lie about being the victim of a hate crime. Hate crimes are too serious, for anyone to fake, ESPECIALLY a gay Black man. Everybody's pissed off about this, however no one more so than Chicago's police department.
PEOPLE reported the latest developments surrounding his bogus hate crime attack and what happens next. This morning Chi-Town Police Superintendent, Eddie Johnson, announced the results of their investigation and the details are as follows:
Johnson said the 36-yr old actor was taken into custody Wednesday, February 20, 2019, and he was officially charged with a Class 4 Felony. Smollett faces up to 3yrs in prison for Disorderly Conduct in Falsifying Police report. Johnson was furious when police discovered the actor staged this whole thing “because he was dissatisfied with his salary.” He said Thursday morning, that “taking advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career. I’m left shaking my head and asking why.” He went on to say as he referred to the staged attack as “a publicity stunt” that this was “a scar that Chicago didn’t earn and certainly didn’t deserve.”
Turns out Smollett paid two brothers to portray "his attackers" $3,500 to help him pull off the scam. Johnson said during the press conference that brothers were Ola and Abel Osundairo, confirming they were the same men seen on surveillance footage prior to Smollett's so-called assault. Last week once police obtained their identities, the brothers were arrested and brought in for questioning. After they gave-up all the tea to the authorities, police released them and they were not charged with anything.
Johnson said during questioning the brothers told police they spoke to Smollett all the time, including an hour before the actor claimed he was attacked. The Osundairo brothers had receipts to back-up their story by producing the check Smollett wrote to them. In addition one of them worked on the Empire set with Smollett said, Johnson. He added the two men admitted to striking Smollett to bruise him up so that his story would be believable. They also revealed that most of the actor's injuries were "self-inflicted" by Smollett himself. As for the threatening letter that arrived at FOX studios days before the fake attack, Superintendent Johnson said Empire actor mailed it to himself!Anthony Guglielmi
PEOPLE reports that they reached out to execs at 20th Century Fox about Smollett’s but they got no response. Meanwhile, Smollett’s bond hearing was scheduled for 1:30 p.m. CT on Thursday. At last word, the actor's legal team said they would be launching an “aggressive defense.” It's not clear if they're still going to go with that move at this point, but we'll see what happens.
So far Smollett's Empire castmates and family have no comments.