National Weather Service Advisories For The Winter Storm
The National Weather Service in Lake Charles has been very proactive in preparing and educating the public about the winter storm hitting SWLA.
Meteorologist Donald Jones established himself as a local superstar during Hurricanes Laura and Delta, now he's back and giving us amazing updates on the storm.
A wintry mix of freezing rain, sleet, and even snow has fallen in SWLA, with temperatures below freezing.
Here's the National Weather Service forecast for the duration of the winter storm:
- Today - Sleet, possibly mixed with snow and freezing rain, mainly before noon. Some thunder is also possible. High near 29. Northwest wind around 15mph, with gusts as high as 20mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight - Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. Northwest wind 5 to 10mph.
- Tuesday - Sunny, with a high near 33. Northwest wind around 5mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night - Increasing clouds, with a low around 28. Northeast wind 5 to 10mph.
- Wednesday - Showers. High near 48. East wind 10 to 15mph, with gusts as high as 20mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Wednesday Night - Showers. Low around 34. North wind 10 to 15mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Thursday - A 20 percent chance of showers before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 41. Northwest wind around 15mph, with gusts as high as 25mph.
- Thursday Night - Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Northwest wind around 10mph.
- Friday - Sunny, with a high near 46. North wind 5 to 10mph.
- Friday Night - Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
LOOK: Answers to 30 common COVID-19 vaccine questions
While much is still unknown about the coronavirus and the future, what is known is that the currently available vaccines have gone through all three trial phases and are safe and effective. It will be necessary for as many Americans as possible to be vaccinated in order to finally return to some level of pre-pandemic normalcy, and hopefully these 30 answers provided here will help readers get vaccinated as soon they are able.