35th Annual Cajun Music & Food Festival Set For July 16-17 In Lake Charles
It's time once again for the Cajun French Music Association Lake Charles Chapters' annual Cajun Music and Food Festival in Lake Charles.
It's hard to believe that this will be the 35th year that the festival is being held. I remember when this festival started back in the late 1980s.
Over the years, the CFMA festival has been known for great authentic Cajun food and traditional live Cajun music performed by the all-time greats in the industry. This year will be no different.
The festival is held inside the Burton Coliseum in South Lake Charles on the corner of Gauthier Road and Gulf Hwy. The festival gets underway on Saturday, July 16th, and runs through July 17th.
On Saturday, get ready for great food, arts & crafts, live & silent auctions, cold beer, and live Cajun music. Here is the entertainment lineup:
- Doors open at 8:00 am
- 9:00 am to 10:30 am -- Ellis Vanicor & The Laccasine Playboys
- 10:45 am to 12:30 pm --- Aaron Istre & Under The Influence
- 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm --- 4 Horses
- 3:15 pm to 5:15 pm --- Donny Broussard & The Louisiana Stars
- 5:30 pm to 7:45 pm --- Cajun Strong
- 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm --- Leroy Thomas & The Zydeco Roadrunners
Then in on Sunday, head over to the CFMA building 3481 East Prien Lake Road in Lake Charles for a Cajun French Mass at the CFMA building starting at 9:00 am. Then enjoy a coffee and Donut social after the mass.
For more information about the festival, call Renee Daigle at 337-802-4077.
Louisiana Foods For Game Day