Top 10 Best Air Conditioners And The Best Time To Buy One to Beat Louisiana Heat
No one has to explain how hot it is. We have seen record temperatures around the globe this year. Everyone is feeling the burn, both physically and financially. The problem is, the heat is so brutal it's almost impossible to live without air conditioning.
According to the Department of Energy and Energy Star, you can save roughly 3 % for every degree you raise your AC thermostat. They say increasing the setting by 3 to 4 degrees is a good way to keep your bill in check. A June 2021 Consumer Reports survey of 2,280 adults in the U.S. said they keep their thermostats set at 71 degrees during the day and night.
The best way to save money while getting through the summer is to have an energy-saving and efficient air conditioner. More than that, you need the right size unit for the square footage you want to cool. In addition, the very best time to purchase an air conditioner is during the fall and spring months.
This Old House Reviews Team rated the top 10 central air conditioners based on research:
- Carrier: Best Performance
- Lennox: Best Energy Efficiency
- Trane: Best Warranty
- Amana: Best Comfort Control
- American Standard: Best Value
- York: Most Experience
- Frigidaire: Best for Window-Mounted Units
- Ruud: Most Affordable
- Goodman: Best for Longevity
- Rheem: Best for Smart Homes
Buyer Guide rated the top wall and window air conditioners:
- Midea 10,000 BTU U-Shaped Smart Inverter
- LG 15,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner
- SereneLife SLPAC10 SLPAC 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner
- Midea 12,000 BTU U-Shaped Smart Inverter
- Frigidaire 5,000 BTU Window-Mounted Room Air Conditioner
- OLMO Alpic 12,000 BTU, Pre-charged Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner with Heat Pump