The McNeese Chapter Of The NAACP Will Hold Prayer Vigil Tomorrow Night (Updated)
The world is going awry and we don't know whether we will see tomorrow. This is not the way that we are suppose to be living, but there is trouble in the world and everyone sees what's going on. Well a young group of future leaders are moving forward with a much needed prayer vigil.
The Mcneese State University Branch of the NAACP will be having this vigil the evening of July 12th that will feature various speakers, include poetry and more. It will be held at the Quad on the MSU campus, and everyone is invited to bring their candles and blankets for comfort if needed. This is a much-needed step as we try to move forward and look at bridging a better communication line between civilians and law enforcement.
I will be speaking with members from the NAACP this afternoon and really finding out what their goal is, and what they are trying to do. So make sure you attend and bring your positive face, as this is what's needed in order for a plan to be made and executed for our younger generation coming up in this troubled world.
Here is the scheduled lineup of events:
- Opening Message- Querencia Joshua (7:00-7:05)
- Prayer- Kiandra Briche (7:05-7:10)
- Lift Every Voice – Rachel Scott (7:10-7:15)
- Sermon- Pastor EJ Kemper (7:15-7:35)
- Poetry- Khadijah Charles (7:40-7:50)
- Sermon- Pastor Bruce Baker (7:50-8:00)
- Singing- Jamian Charles and Alaine Williamson (8:00-8:10)
- Testimony and Moment of Silence- Devonte Aaron (all NAACP members, pastors and chiefs will join Devonte on the stage) (8:10-8:25)
- Closing Prayer- Pastor Bruce Baker (8:25-8:30)