Travis Scott To Pay For Funerals Of 8 Astroworld Victims
Rapper Travis Scott is trying to take some responsibility for any role he may have played in amping-up festivalgoers at his annual Astroworld Festival. Last Friday the unthinkable occurred as the rapper urged fans to rush the stage, which resulted in a chaotic stampede where 8 people were trampled to death. Saturday, the rap star took to his Instagram page and posted his apologies for the tragic event.
Sources close to Scott said the rap star was unaware that people were getting hurt. Fan charged the stage during the countdown, seconds before he took to the stage. Eight people lost their lives and hundreds were injured in the chaos. The 29-year old rapper and his surprise special guest, Drake are being blamed for urging fans to rush the stage and at least one lawsuit. Scott along with Live Nation, NRG Park, and festival organizers are all being sued by festivalgoers who have filed suit in the Astroworld Crowsuit Class Action and holding them all accountable for their injuries in the melee. Drizzy broke his silence Tuesday taking to his social media page saying "I will be of service in any way I can."
Now comes word Scott has offered to cover all costs for the funerals for all eight victims who died at the Astroworld festival. In addition, he has teamed up with BetterHelp, an online counseling service to offer free therapy to any Astroworld festival goer whether they were affected by the tragic stampede event or not according to The Insider.
The Houston rap superstars rep released the following written statement:
“Travis remains in active conversations with the city of Houston, law enforcement, and local first responders to respectfully and appropriately connect with the individuals and families of those involved,” They went on to say. “These are the first of many steps Travis plans on taking as a part of his personal vow to assist those affected throughout their grieving and recovery process.”
There have also been reports that Travis reportedly has plans to refund all Astroworld ticket holders too. Meanwhile, in light of all that has happened, the rapper has canceled his Day N Vegas concert series that was scheduled for this weekend. It was more than likely a good idea, as the H-town rapper is probably going to be facing some type of legal charges when the dust settles. As previously reported, he has been arrested at least two times already for inciting riots at his concerts, both ending in several fans being seriously injured.
Now according to Billboard the FBI wants to get involved in the criminal investigation to look into how the deadly incident unfolded and whether or not Travis Scott is the blame for it. Brittany Garcia, a public affairs officer in FBI’s Houston office said,
“FBI Houston has offered our assistance and resources to the Houston Police Department, and we are poised to assist.It is standard practice for the FBI to assist our local law enforcement partners if we have a tool, tactic, or technique that could benefit their investigations.”