Columbus Short Looking For A Comeback With New Reality Show – Tha Wire
Actor/dancer/singer Columbus Short is looking to relaunch his career and heading back to TV. Unfortunately for Scandal fans, the 32-year-old isn't going to reprise his role as Harrison Wright. According to AllHipHop.com, Short is trying something new and adding reality TV star to his resume'.
The talented entertainer's making other career changes as well. He's currently being managed by showbiz vet, Russell "Block" Spencer, CEO of Block Entertainment. Founded in 2005, Russell Spencer's company helped launch the careers of the likes of Rick Ross, Ciara, Young Jeezy and Yung Joc to name a few. Known for his success, Spencer also serves as a consultant for NBC Universal.
Sitting down with AllHipHop he revealed Block Entertainment's in the process of developing a Columbus Short-led docu-series called, Coming Up Short.”
Explaining the doc concept, he said “It’s not going to be a lot of bullsh*t drama. It’s going to be showing how Block Ent is rebuilding the brand for music and new artists.” Spencer said he's producing a 2nd series as well, called Rebuilding Hip-Hop Block By Block. The storyline on that program is simple, traveling to world in search of "untapped” talent to find the next breakout music stars.
The label exec added, “They’ll have a chance to be on a major motion picture soundtrack or in the movie. They’ll have a chance to sign with a major label. I’m going to film all of that.”
For more on the Russell “Block” Spencer’s AllHipHop.com interview click here.
Finally, this isn't rapper/actor Game's year. So far, he's plead not guilty to felony charges of making a criminal threat and one count of misdemeanor assault and battery. The charges came down on Monday June 29, stemming from an incident that took place in March. Game "Clocked" off-duty cop, Onyebuchi Awaji in the face during a pickup basketball game at Hollywood High School.
The alleged victim, filed a $12 million lawsuit against the rapper in April, claiming he suffered brain damage from the assault. Game will be back in court later this month to deal with the charges and if convicted, he could get 3 years.
Apparently, Game caught her and her boyfriend having sex in his daughters bedroom and he lost it. The rapper took to his Instagram page and allegedly accused Monroe of neglecting his kids, drinking and getting high on the job. He also, allegedly told his followers his former nanny left Northern California to "escape from her past of inappropriately touching children."
Manu Elloie, Monroe's attorney, said his client sought therapy for depression because of the humiliation of millions of people seeing the post. He also said Monroe started getting death threats and lost her job as nanny to rap icon, Nas' son.
June 10, L.A. Superior Court Judge, Mitchell Beckloff, issued a $200,627 default judgment against the rapper after he failed to respond to the suit and now he's being ordered to pay-up.
Of course I'll keep you posted on all of the above as further details become available. Meanwhile LISTEN LIVF on the Peoples Station 107 Jamz.